In this section
For information on my professional work experience, download my full resume (PDF). You may also view my .
In addition to my ongoing consulting work, I most recently served as the Public Communications Officer for First Federal Bank in Harrison, Ark., a community bank founded in 1934 that has offices across Northwest Arkansas. I wrote and/or edited all written communications, served as Webmaster, and managed media relations. I also taught classes and served on the Business Advisory Council for North Arkansas College and Co-Manager of the Ozark Arts Council.
As Marketing Director of the Center for Puppetry Arts, I oversaw all marketing functions for three annual theater series, fundraising activities, museum exhibits, and extensive education programs, with a focus on branding the Center in Atlanta and throughout the Southeast. I created and managed the annual marketing budget and marketing plan; developed and maintained relationships with advertising agencies, the media and various corporations; and produced all materials.
I previously served as Marketing Director for Discover Mills, a value shopping and entertainment center. I was a member of the team that opened the center and orchestrated numerous grand opening activities. After launch, I developed the yearly marketing business plan and budgets, oversaw advertising and public relations, created collateral, wrote ad copy, coordinated market research and spearheaded merchant communications.
Other experience includes Marketing Communications Manager for World2one, a start-up technology company; Public Relations Coordinator for Orkin Pest Control; and Proofing Editor for Austin Kelley Advertising. I also worked in communications for Rollins, Inc. and the United Way of Palm Beach County (Fla.).
I received my master of arts in communications (cum laude) from Georgia State University and my bachelor of arts degree in communications (cum laude) from Berry College in Mt. Berry, Ga.
- Awarded the Fall 2008 ICE TIP, which recognizes First Federal Team Members who exhibit the Bank’s Core Values of INTEGRITY, COMMITMENT, EXCELLENCE, TEAMWORK, INNOVATION, and PROFESSIONALISM.
- Revamped web presence for First Federal Bank, including consumer site, secure Online Banking site, and secure Online Bill Payment site. The site was voted as the Best Local Website in the Harrison Daily Times "Best of the Best" four years in a row (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).
- Along with pro-bono graphic designer, created a new logotype and corporate identity materials for the Center for Puppetry Arts' 25th anniversary, including business cards, letterhead, press kits, and more.
- Worked with Macquarium Intelligent Communications to successfully revamp puppet.org; directed architecture, look and feel, and wrote all copy; launched in two-month time frame on July 1, 2003. Site won a 2004 Web Marketing Award.
- Garnered numerous awards for marketing materials.
- From 2003-2005, generated almost $1.2 million worth of in-kind marketing donations for the Center for Puppetry Arts; during same period, had total marketing budget of $280,000.
- From 1996-2000, generated over $1.75 million worth of in-kind marketing donations for the Center for Puppetry Arts; during same period, had total marketing budget of $460,000.
- Worked with pro-bono video production firm that filmed 10 Center for Puppetry Arts performances, created all packaging materials, then brought three titles to market as DVD offering.
- Successfully proposed story to CNN Headline News on the Center for Puppetry Arts' show "Kwaidan" touring Japan after its run of engagements in the United States.
- Developed Center for Puppetry Arts first promotional video (1998) and website (1996), public relations internship program and directional signage for the building.
- Garnered over $5 million in press coverage over two years while at Discover Mills.